tisdag 8 juli 2008

This day led me to a historical building outside of Valbo. Yesterday I did an interview with a guy in Sandviken. In order to check for misunderstandings, today I read the article to him over the phone while he was just about to go off the ferry to Visby. This afternoon I curled up in the sofa to read a children's book about the Gävle fire in 1869. (I won't tell more about the articles I'm writing before they've been published. Just in case anyone was wondering.)

My big excitement right now is that I'm soon finished with my sweater - likely this week, if the cat will let me. Although tonight I decided to go for a bikeride since we had sunshine and reasonably warm temperatures. Right now I'm looking for a new pattern to start working on. I find a million different sock patterns which I can't start since I want a project that's portable & doesn't make sounds. I also find about a thousand sweater patterns for 8 mm needles - lovely but way too big to bring along. Where's the neverending 2.5 mm projects when you need them?

Other good news for further in the future is that Björn invited me for a barbecue on Saturday night. Next weekend my friend Hedvig from Östersund will visit me - yay!

For the first time in years, tonight I've played the piano. Mostly children's songs like "När lillan kom till jorden" and "Sov du lilla videung" and with only one hand - since I never actually learned to play before. My main source of experience is my grandmother's piano which she patiently let me practice on when I was around 15 years old. Since there's a piano in the house I might just get back to teaching myself - luckily, my only audience for tonight was a cockroach (? it's icky and big anyway) in the window.

This is what I spotted on my way from work:

Inga kommentarer: