måndag 23 juni 2008

I've arrived safely in Gävle where I now work for the local newspaper Arbetarbladet. I will be editing the family pages for the next seven weeks. The first day went well, despite being a bit nervous to begin with - now I feel fine although I'm quite tired. I do need to make a checklist of all the little things I will have to remember each day - there are a lot of smaller tasks in this job that are still important to keep track of.

For this time I am staying with a co-worker, Sivan, and her husband Hasse. They will be on vacation for some of the weeks I'm working - therefore they need someone to take care of this sweet little creature named Trisse.


In the evening I went for a bikeride and ended up taking some photos by Tolvfors bruk. Some of my ancestors were smiths back in the 1600's, even if not at this particular place. Still I'm fascinated by the environment in which these people spent most of their lives.




Yesterday I had a goodbye fika together with Nadine, since we're both not going to be in Sundsvall for quite some time. It was nice to see everyone for what was hopefully not the last time. These months have passed by so fast and I hope that also goes for the time until we meet again.

Inga kommentarer: