onsdag 31 december 2008

I've been out and about since 9 am and now I'm frozen to the bone. The coffee at the restaurant barely helped and now I'm so happy to be home with a big cup of tea.

Our first stop this morning was Sigtuna - the old capital of Sweden, from a thousand years ago - and of course, Tant Brun. It's a café situated in a small wooden building from the 1600's. The roof is very low so you have to watch your head!


Here you can see the view over parts of Sigtuna and the lake Mälaren. This point was actually meant for people, in historical days, to watch out for unwelcome ships.


Me and Vanessa then went to Naturhistoriska riksmuseet, which we barely got through in two hours. It all looks the same as when I was there five and fifteen years ago, except for the exhibition about gay animals and the one about climate changes.

The former one got me thinking about how researchers tend to be influenced by society in their own time and culture. It used to be said that "homosexuality must be abnormal since humans are the only ones doing it" - while this exhibition wanted to show that homosexuality is quite common also among animals.

Now I'm off to a hot shower and to prepare myself mentally for tonight - I WILL wear a skirt despite it being -5 degrees and windy in Stockholm.

Inga kommentarer: