fredag 29 augusti 2008

My aunt Noomi gave me her childhood photo album, for me to scan so that she would have a digital copy of it. I wasn't able to install my old scanner after all, but I've copied a few by taking a photo of them... that explains the poor quality.


My grandfather, Sune Hällbro - he died in 1986 at the age of 65, only a few weeks after his retirement. I was four years old then and one of my first memories is from going to his funeral. He had more than one job in his life but one of them was to be some kind of technical support guy at a high school. He was active in church and has written songs for singing praise and such.


My great-grandmother, Elin Berglund who lived between 1890 and 1964. The photo was taken by a Mauritz Edlund in Stockholm, who moved to another studio in 1914 so I'm sure the photo is older than that, at least. He later became a photographer for the royal family.

Elin married Gustav Karlsson who worked for the railways - they lived in Stockholm for a few years in the 1910's but moved later on to Törnevalla outside of Linköping. That's where my grandmother and her five siblings grew up.


My great-grandmother Elin serving coffee to my grandmother, Gullan. My aunt Noomi is in her lap, on the left is my grandfather's grandmother, Helga Andersson and to the right is my grandmother's father, Gustav.

Helga was originally from Eksjö in Småland but she married Frans Andersson who is from Östergötland and they lived in Linköping from what I can recall of my grandmother's stories. Both Helga and Gustav died in the late 1940's and Noomi was born in 1945, so the photo must have been taken around that time.

On the topic of fika - this carrot cake turned out really well.

Inga kommentarer: